The new Incognito feature replaces our previous feature called 'Hide From Friends'. Being Incognito makes you invisible to people that you may know, in order to protect your privacy.
How Incognito works depends on whether you have linked your Feeld profile with a Facebook account.
When your Feeld profile is connected to a Facebook account
- Your Facebook friends will not see your profile on Feeld. If your friends on Feeld do not have Incognito enabled, then you may see them on your Discover first. If you Like them, they will be able to see you on Discover and in their Likes.If you both have Incognito enabled, then you will never see each other on Feeld.
- Feeld users who are connected to Facebook but who are not your friends will be able to see your profile, and you will see theirs.
- Feeld users who are not connected to Facebook will not see your profile on Feeld. (That way, your Facebook friends who use an email login still cannot see you.) However, you can still see email users on your Discover first. If you like them, they will be able to see you on Discover and in their Likes.
When your Feeld profile is not connected to a Facebook account
- Other Feeld users will not see you on Discover, but you will see them (unless they also have Incognito on).
- If you like someone, your profile will become visible to them in their Discover and in their Likes.
If you have a partner
If you have linked a partner on the app, then your partner's profile will be hidden to the same people as you would.
❗ Be aware that activating this feature may reduce the potential Connections you can make, because you will never see other users who also have Incognito enabled.